Customer Service CharterRichmond Valley Council is committed to providing quality services to meet the needs and expectations of our community.
The standards in our Customer Service Charter apply to all Council services and outline the response that can be expected by our community and visitors to our Council area.
The Charter was adopted by Council on 16 May 2006 and defines the parameters of Council's customer services. It has been reviewed to ensure continued service support to the community, Council and its clients.
The Customer Service Charter was developed following the release of the Complaints Management Policy and the Complaints Management Procedure, of which all three documents are available for download from the list at the end of this page.
Summary of Charter
- Members of the community are able to (and encouraged) to call to make an appointment to meet with specific members of staff. However, it is Council’s preference that all enquiries be initiated in the first instance via the Request Action Management System (see point 3).
- When calling Council, a customer service officer will deal with initial requests relating to Council services. Customer Service staff will refer request to appropriate Council Officers where more technical or specialist service is required, giving the name of the person or area before being redirected to an extension. Telephone messages will be returned where possible on the same day, or the next business day.
- Request for “services/operational” matters will be recorded on Council’s Request Action Management System (RAMS) and referred to the appropriate officer for action.
- After hours, Council's main phone number will be monitored by a message service. All urgent matters will be referred to a Council officer immediately. Non-urgent matters will be referred to a Council officer on the following business day.
- Correspondence will be acknowledged as soon as possible by Council officers. Should a “complete” reply on issues not be possible within twenty one (21) days of receipt of the correspondence, an interim/acknowledgement response will be provided.